Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where

Every summer, my family and I spent as much time as we possibly could on a lake in the upper peninsula of Michigan called Round Lake. My grandma & grandpa bought the property after a fire had taken the cabin that was previously on it. The previous owners didn't want to rebuild, so they sold the property and my grandparents had the place cleared and fixed up in a matter of no time.

In the past few years, I haven't been able to make it to Round Lake very often, but I was able to bring Justin back in 2005. We spent a few days up there with my family, and Justin understood why Round Lake meant so much to us as a family, and we both couldn't think of a better place to get married than there.

Round Lake is in the Hiawatha National Forest. I'll post a detailed map and directions at some point. You can't really look it up online, but if you find Alger and Delta Counties, it's right where the two meet.

A couple of pictures:






As a point of reference, Round Lake is about an hour from Escanaba, and about 3 or so from the bridge.

No comments: